Thread: Guarneri
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:10 PM

Your boy is lucky!!

The Evolution is really a pleasure to listen and I am finding myself spinning more Classical and Jazz pieces then I used to. Its dynamic, fast, and scale to fortissimo when necessary - still it is no match versus the Futura. However, in a small room and given the size of only a stand mount monitor it carries a significant amount of weight and control in the lower frequency band - its impressive.

I love the mids very much as well and when I compared to speakers I have played in my room like the Dynaudio Focus 110, Cremona Auditor M, and Penaudio Cenya the Evolution has a slightly warmer and natural tone in vocals. Female voices can be very intimate and real in some Jazz tracks...this brings me to the Homage where I have read in this forum it can put you in a romantic mood I wonder if anyone here still owns a pair of Homage - it must be one of many sought after collector piece now.

I also read that the Memento sounds bigger, goes lower, and has more refine highs when compared to the Homage. It seems to me as Guarneri evolves it sound more balance through both extreme ends of its frequency band and stretches its comfort zone as well. Don't get me wrong...GH, GM, and GE are all great speakers in my opinion and I feel it boils down to your taste.

Here are some amazing pictures I found online of the Homage and I think some these pictures maybe owners in this very forum

Last edited by larevoj; 01-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.