View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 PM

Got the KWI-200 this afternoon. Yea! Immediately hooked it up to my Guarneri mementos and the Cambridge Audio 840 CDP (my computer source isn't ready yet). I put in Norah Jones and hit play.

For cold, right out of the box and completely not broken in...the sound was tremendous. Vocals were already warm and rich, and the bass was tight and tuneful. I will restrain from getting too analytic at this point as it is brand new, but first impressions are very good.

That is the good part. I will say that the amp is physically noisy. Not really a transformer hum, but definitely some mechanical noise. The noise is from the amp itself, not what is coming out of the speakers. Not sure if this will resolve in time, or if I may need to send it back. I'll give it some time and we'll see. One thing though, when the music is playing, I cannot hear the noise, so it is not THAT big of a deal.

All-in-all though, I am VERY happy with the amp thus far. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next few weeks bring.