View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesaint519 View Post
Now that you've got 'em home and set up, what are some of the differences between the 802s and the new Sashas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rns View Post
Stunning!!! Thank you for sharing these pictures. Can't wait to hear your impressions. Congrats
Long story short, from day 1 when I pushed play on the first song (Diana Krall) I was very disappointed with the bass output and the midrange didn't seem to have any sparkle and over the next 3 months spent countless hours trying to resolve it.

Everything from 14 day/12 hour burn-in to speaker placement to electronics. I interchanged every single component and cable, but still the results were the same.

As a result, I had to have Tone Controls enabled with the Bass set to 75% boost and Treble set to 25%. The sound was better, but it lacked the low end punch, so I then purchased a subwoofer. I set it to 80Hz at about 60% volume.

At this point the sound was fairly good, but I felt very disappointed that I had to compensate with bass boost and a subwoofer.

I was also hamstrung in my search for a new preamp, as most high-end units do not have Tone Controls.

Pricing wise the 802D2s retail for AUD$21k and the Sasha's are AUD$65k.

Comparing the 802s to the Sasha's in all honestly is not fair at all, everything from the Sasha's bass output, to the mids and highs are not only better they make the 802s sound dull, lifeless and muffled.

The huge improvement in the midrange and highs is so beautiful and clear, but still liquid smooth.

I now have Tone Controls DISABLED and the Subwoofer is OFF.

I should have listened to a number of members on this forum recommending the Sasha's, however I decided to go on a Random Walk of Self-Discovery. At the end of the day it expended a huge number of hours and it cost extra $$$$, but I now know just how bloody good the Wilson's are!

The Sasha is a keeper

Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | Dan D'Agostino Momentum PRE & S250 | Esoteric P02x & D02x | Torus AVR2-16 | Marantz AV8805 | Panasonic UB9000 | Bryston 7B3 & 9BSST2 | ScreenTechnics 125" 2.37 Screen | JVC X7900 | Krix A20 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2)

Last edited by audiohippo; 11-25-2015 at 04:44 PM.