View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshyne View Post
Thank you Twiiii. I have been breaking in the 4429's for a few days. My first concerns were "will the horns be harsh". This turned out to not be the case at all even when turning the HF an UHF higher. There would be more treble but it would still not be harsh and I decided to go with the factory setting.
The 4429's have a warm presentation however with more detail than the Vienna's. I am hearing things like drum sticks hitting cymbals, more plucking of strings and other nuances.
The weak point of this set up is the congested sound during busier music. The low end does not sound tight and strong on some recordings. (Deep breath) I'm thinking of going solid state. I had the same problem with the VA speakers though less now. I'll still have my tube pre amp in this system and a full tube stereo in a smaller room which may be better suited something of that nature. I'm hoping a 3-400 watt MC solid state would just rock and still have an enjoyable presentation. Decisions.....
Hallo!

Give it some more time depend how loud you are playing if we are talking about break-in time. I feel the same regarding that there is no harschness in the horn. I would go for MC452 if you are going for McIntosh and maybe change the C2200 to C48 or C50 instead.