View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD View Post
Congrats Serge, the D-06 and D-08 are supposed to great units not only as spinners but also as DAC's. Will be interesting to see what you think of it's DAC section compared to the Schitt when you finally get it. Should hold it's own if you have another spinner to test the DAC section with.
Yes, all the reviews point to that fact and I have discussed the Luxman SACD players with those who have experienced them. The D-08u was very much a dream for me but at substantial savings over the flagship D-08u, I felt the D-06u would be a better fit with my integrated. The D-08u is meant to compliment the Luxman fantastic separates more so than an integrated like my L590. I find the D-06u superb in terms of analog like smoothness so far.

It actually reminds me quite a bit of Schiit Gumby in terms of naturalness of sound but I can already hear the D-06u reproduces piano and cymbals with an even greater degree of fidelity and naturalness. It will be interesting to see what a YggY brings to the table and how it compares.

To throw another DAC into the mix, the Chord Qutest FPGA DAC should be arriving soon. I know the D-06u is staying with my Luxman and the Chord will probably be used with my headphone system but perhaps YggY will stir things up and make me reevaluate the system. We shall see.