View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I don't what "shielded to the max" actually means, but if my understanding is correct, the type of shielding is what is important. If I understand it correctly, the type of shielding required for rejecting low bandwidth noise components is quite different in nature than high-bandwidth noise components, e.g. those from computers, DACs, etc with high-bandwidth microprocessors. Computers are notorious for spewing out a lot of garbage-y noise at high bandwidth, for example. This high bandwidth noise can actually be picked up by unshielded speaker cables and be fed backwards into power amplifiers as noise. Noise that then gets (re)amplified by the power amp. Not good. This is why at one point, Shunayta used different types of power cable and distributor construction for analog vs. digital components, and why they developed the DPC class of products.
The term (to the max) just was to mean the cable should be shielded very well, as to not allow or eliminate any outside interference from entering the system or as you describe back into the amplification portion of the system. Which of course would then be amplified back thru the speakers as noise.

I don't have any computers near my audio system, computer aided music is not part of my listening menu. On occasion I do connect my laptop to my Parasound DAC to play DSD files, but this kind of listening is less than 1% of my regime.

I'm simply shopping for a PC to replace the stock Parasound power cable.

Cheers