View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 02:57 PM

This thread saved my Fathom F113! Thank you all. My speaker had started to just constantly thump at all times when plugged in. The pics and advice here were key. My F113 had been out of commission for about a year! I debated sending it in to JL Audio. I had found other posts about the capacitor issues and had ordered the smaller capacitor that seems to be the most common culprit but I was too nervous to perform my first capacitor replacement on this device.

After recently being frustrated by not having my deep bass, I once again searched for F113 repair and ran across this post. It inspired me to just go for it. Once I (finally) got the amp pulled out a visual inspection revealed that actually the larger capacitor indicated by JDandy actually had crusting on it. So I ordered this per his mouser.com part number. I was able to find an old computer monitor circuit board to practice removing and soldering capacitors.

Last night I took the plunge and replaced both capacitors that JDandy pointed out (given the high failure rate of the smaller capacitor I figured what the heck). I got everything back in and attached and then the big test - power on - success!!! Thanks again everyone! I can post pics if anyone is interested.