View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:18 PM

Patrick - Thanks for the info but I have to agree with Scirica & Spinpsycho it goes beyond the room and the set up - On my first audition I tried an 803 D3 and played with toe in and position but had no effect integrating the tweeter - Then I listened to a few other spreakers in the same room with absolutely no tweeter issues - Yesterday I demo'd an 802 D2 - The speaker was a few years old and well broken in and the tweeter was more subdued but i could still hear it as separate from the other drivers

That doesn't make them bad speakers - The mids were detailed and the bass had great authority - Still the tweeter was too bright for my ears even after years of playing - That said a friend who was with me liked the overall sound .... he thought the "Obvious Tweeter" added to the character of the speaker - His impression was Revels were more naturally revealing but B & W had a unique signature speaker sound

B & W makes a terrific speaker - The craftsmanship, engineering and quality control are top of the line - Their reputation is well deserved - I really wanted to love them but for me they aren't making the short list

Like Mark Twain said, "It is the difference of opinion that makes horse races".

PS -- I am taking 2FastDriving's advice and going to try out the Wilson Sabrina and Sasha (I had silk tweeters in my DCM Time Windows and remember them fondly as an all time favorite) - Since I split my system 50/50 between music and movies it will be fun to see how Wilson does on movies .... their center channel does seem interesting

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and happy listening

Last edited by all2ears; 12-13-2015 at 07:55 PM.