Thread: Focal 807W
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Retired

Xmas came a day early and have the 807Ws singing away. Very well packed in the factory boxes. The only complaint is that the tape sticks too well to the cloth 'glove' each of them comes in and was a PITA getting it loose. Wish all my problems were so minor.
Beautiful finish. The red is considerably more subdued then had thought it would be. Flawless piano finish on both the red and the black that goes around the center portion.
Put them on the stands, hooked them up, and, voila................ music. First thought is how fast they sound. Think that is an attribute of the inverted metal-dome tweeter compared to the soft dome tweeter in the speakers they replaced. The second is the detail. Lovely. Both are characteristics that I favor, so, thus far am favorably impressed. Smooth transition into the presence range and on down. Don't really expect much in the way of deeper bass for a while.
Have left the grills (separate grills for each driver) in place and will do so until are broken in. Hopefully, only gets better from here.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 12-16-2014 at 02:31 PM.