View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
I installed a 1 TB SSD last week and I am trying to transfer my music library onto it. I am running some issues but Chris is assisting me.

I do have questions about the necessity of an added hard drive when using roon. If I understand correctly, when roon is enabled on the BDP-2, it will just stream the music currently stored on my PC and send it thru the BDP. Am I correct? Or, can the music library stored in the internal hard drive of the BDP be used as roon core?

If the BDP cannot be used as a roon core, then I presume the internal hard drive with the stored music will only work with MPD. Is this correct?

I wish I can use roon AND read the music directly from the internal drive of the BDP to get the best sound quality. I have read reviews where it was reported that the sound quality was better from a USB thumb drive than streamed from a NAS. Right now, if I use roon, I stream from my PC. Is there a performance hit by using roon over network with the BDP?
I hope someone who knows what they're talking about will answer this, but I don't see why Roon won't play the files stored on your internal SSD.

The whole thing makes me a little bit crazy, though.