View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 09:22 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
I don’t get the association with PrimaLuna. I, along with a number of people on AA have PrimaLuna equipment. Dan wrote a very impressive review of one of PrimaLuna’s mid-level pieces of equipment. I am very pleased with the quality of my PrimaLuna integrated amp and I know others on AA who are as well. I do share your concerns about intellectual property theft and counterfeiting and all sorts of bad acts happening and coming out of China but that’s no reason to bash a brand that is made in China but doing things the way most of us would hope everyone in China would do things.
Sorry........ for me China is China is China. Supporting anything from China is supporting a corrupt regime that steals from others. Where did the circuit design for the PrimaLuna come from? Not like it is rocket science, but could well be copied from others. I don't support same. On the other hand, why buy from China. They don't purchase much from us (other than raw materials, which we should not sell them - they, like Russia, are the enemy). Apple has what? A 7% market share in phones in China and dropping rapidly. The Chinese purchase less & less from us (and other makers around the world) so why support them? Their policies are corrupt and I refuse to support them if at all possible. Especially in high value added products (like stereo gear) where decent jobs are at stake. I'll support McIntosh, Mark Levinson, etc., who make their products in NA or countries that are our friends.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag