View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 12:59 PM

Default Amp/Pre-Amp - BIG soundstage

I am beginning the journey towards buying a new amp/pre-amp or integrated for my system and would like to hear from y'all on brands/models that have been identified to throw a HUGE soundstage.

My system can be seen in my signature and two pieces that will likely be in the system for a long time include my PMC IB2i and Oppo 105D Modwright (along with the solid silver cables from Wireworld.)

I was reading a forum not too long ago where a poster described VAC pre-amps as presenting a soundstage that was too big-he said it was not natural...I don't see how that's possible...at least I've never experienced it.

What are your thoughts on this subject? I love the affect that many people describe as, "I close my eyes and the band is right there in the room w me." In my experience, the deeper, wider, and taller the soundstage, the better!