View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks View Post
I think this is the right place for this old man rant, so here goes...it drives me bonkers when I'm doing a deal in a PM with someone and they don't sign their name. I've had zero problems on here w/that, everyone has always been personable and professional. It just comes off as rude, like hanging up the phone without saying goodbye. And if we are conducting business, we already have each others full names and addresses. So what's the big deal? I did a giveaway on another forum a few months ago and the guy asked me not to post his information publicly on the forum and he'd do the same for me. Why would I go around posting someone's private information? Rant over, does anyone else get annoyed when this happens?
+1.

Anyone sending a PM should at least give a first name. Would anyone really walk up to someone on the street, in business or otherwise and start talking, ask for info/help/guidance (beyond simple directions of course) without at least a first name introduction,...and for those seeking help, at least a quick thank you afterwards,...

Hell No!!!

For dealings, giveaways, etc...Anyone doing a deal who won't share name, address, phone and email (all to be kept privately) and be honorable goes in the conceptual spam bucket.

Use of the internet should not obviate the need for a basic modicum of polite conversation IMHO.

Rant off...

MARK [emoji16]