View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 10:24 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaboudreaux View Post
Stephen (PUMA CAT), any further feedback on your review of the Rega Planar 10?

I can't seem to shake the desire to go analog and naturally want to get the best TT setup I can (which usually means big $$). I may have talked myself off the ledge and will try to approach this wisely. IF I can remain disciplined and not go off the deep end, I will try to start off with an inexpensive setup. This one seems to be well liked by many.
I gotta say, the Rega Planar 10 turntable is FABULOUS. I frickin' love it. Its is exceptionally quiet, and superbly neutral. There is NO coloration with this TT and the Apheta 3. None. And gobs and gobs of detail with an solid, and weighty bottom-end. Soundstage width, breadth and height is excellent and image stability is outstanding. The Rega Planar 10 is so good, so musical, immersive and so musically engaging, I guess you could spend more money on a TT, but really, why? I don't think one's musical enjoyment, involvement and sheer musical pleasure could be higher than what the Planar 10 provides. Save the money for a much more expensive deck and buy a Shunyata Everest and an Omega or Sigma XC PC for your system, instead.

This week, the plan is to do an interview with Roy Gandy of Rega for TAS.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-25-2021 at 10:32 PM.