View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:17 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMan View Post
In science the burden of proof lies with the entity making the claim, not with the entity that contradicts it. If the claim cannot be proven then all you have is theory.
Actually, that's not how hypothesis testing for making statistically valid inferences with respect to data analysis for scientific or engineering experiments works AT ALL.

Along these line, just curious if you've ever published a scientific or engineering paper in a peer-reviewed journal?...(I have, FWIW)

In fact, here how it actually works: the default hypothesis, referred to statistically as "the Null Hypothesis", Ho, is that there is "no difference" for the thing, system, whatever, being tested, measured or evaluated, etc. The Null Hypothesis the foundation for all statistical hypothesis tests. The other test case, that there "is a difference" referred to as the Alternate Hypothesis, Ha.

And, you're making just this claim: that it (power conditioning, power cables, etc) doesn't matter. That's the Null Hypothesis, and its a claim just as much as the Alternate Hypothesis is. Okay, well, I think we'd all welcome objective measurement data that fails to reject the null hypothesis with alpha at 0.05 to provide a 95% statistical confidence.

Whenever I see these objectivist vs subjectivist "debates", usually involving cables, the Objectivists always say something along these lines: "Prove with data that power cables matter..."

I counter that with what should actually be asked for a proper hypothesis test: Provide objective measurement data with the appropriate statistical analysis that fails to reject the null hypothesis.

All I ever hear in response from the "objectivists" is...crickets.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 04-12-2019 at 10:00 PM.