View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKKeung View Post
Hi Apexorca,

May you tell us the sonic difference between the Romulus & MSB Analog?
Not many audiophiles have compared the two of them.

Many thanks!
Hi CKKeung!

Romulus have tubes and MSB have not, so there is a technical difference between them. MSB produces their own Dac Chip and Aesthetix does as almost anyone else, use Burr-Brown. Nothing wrong with that. But in a way I think MSB can form it more as they want to by building it themselves.

Though, they have the same type of analog like sound. So the sound area that they compete in are the same I think. Maybe this is a knew area. The digital analog sound.

MSB The Analog Dac had more detailed sound and more control. The timing was a little bit better and it was more fun to listen to MSB. It also was softer and more detailed in parts of the music witch so often tend to be to harsh for your ears and therefore lacks the experience of a true reproduction of music. This is maybe the best part of it all I think.

You should not read this as if there are big differences between them, because its not. Just clearly detected.
Romulus is also cheaper.

But if you wants to buy something in the same price range as Romulus I could not think of a better choice. This is by all means due to my ears and preferences.