View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM

I tried Romulus vs. MSB The Analog Dac this previous week at my home in my own well known system. They are extremely high performing digital sources and they have reached a higher level than sources just a few years before.

They have really a more analog sound but still the best from Cd left.

I tried them against Esoteric UX-1 to have some reference. Itīs a some years older player but 2 times more expensive.
I also tried them against AUDIO AERO CAPITOLE II Signature Edition some years older player but it had the same price when it was new.

MSB and Romulus were much better. A new level for me. More control from low to high frequencies. Voices were more genuine and true. When it some times can be a little hard digital sound from the upper midrange and further up in frequencies it was more texture and information but still soft an easy to listen to.

I think that the digital source just made a bigger step forward than it usually does from one year to another. Maybe due to that the vinyl has been growing since a couple of years. Therefore the CD-playercompanies have to do better for not losing more grounds.

I have not been interested in changing my CD player because the differences have been to small to other players. But now itīs not.

English is not my best language. Sorry for that. I hope you understand.