View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 10:26 AM
dpod4

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant

After I demo'd the Sound Anchors on the 3.7s there was just no way I'd not have these... the difference is night and day... the Mye stands are probably even better given their additional bracing but they aren't imported into Australia because they work out at about $1850 US here...

That said, I like the way the anchors look as well, they don't look anywhere near as industrial without the angled upright on the back...

Current pre/power - Shindo Auriges L/Sanders Magtech

The Magtech is in some ways kind of tube-like for a SS amp - my first non-valve amp in 20 years... it is grainless and has seemingly endless reserves... never even a hint of compression even when the music suddenly swells like a tsunami... The Shindo sets up the tone, timbre and soundstage for the Sanders and fair makes it sing.

Dream pre - Will be a shootout between Shindo Vosne-Romanee and ARC Ref6 (just kiddin)... so most likely upgrade to Shindo VR by early in the New Year.

Dream power... that's easy - ARC Ref250... if it's better than the 610T it must be something... I've been thinking that all things going well I'll maybe look at doing that within the year.

Graham
Great dream system. I would sign up for that, even just the Massetto plus the ref 250s! I am now intrigued by Magtech.