View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 12:33 AM

While picking up my C70, I saw one of the 70th Anniversary McIntosh Commemorative System in person. The MC2152 will definitely polarize. Here are some of my thoughts:
  1. Very large. The dealer does not have a proper stand for it and can only put it on a shelf where the side is the front. You have to see it in person to appreciate how large it is.
  2. Very heavy. MY sales guy wanted me to see the front but moving it is a chore.
  3. Blue or green tube lights is cool.
  4. Not sold on the carbon fiber look. I guess I am a bit more traditional in this regard but prefer the traditional chassis and monolithic logo.

Honestly, if I was going to make a purchase like this I would get a pair of MC275's and run the amps as 150W mono blocks if I needed that amount of tube power. Otherwise a single MC275 or a set of MC75's. I love there sound and they just speak to me a more.

That being said, I am sure they will find good homes with music lovers from all over.