View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
When new Esoteric models are introduced, there are never any discounts offered on the older models to dealers. Hence, we just sell them as usual.

Digital models are never kept in stock, even by large dealers such as myself. This is because digital is considered a moving target, and changes very rapidly.
Got it - and makes perfect sense!

What do you figure availability will be like on a K1 (ie how much longer do you think dealers could still get one)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Yes it was A nightmare to my dealer who had three of K1 in stock, the day I showed him the K1X news at HK Show.
I even got a deal on K1 , lucky that I hold until HK show, it was the gut feeling that there might be something new.

By the way I am really don’t like the sound of disc clamping of current Esoteric, Both K05Xs or K1X. I remembered that P03 didn’t make such a plastic clamp sound.

Toga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
All of my Esoteric disc players are dead quiet. Not sure that I could deal with one that had a plastic clamp sound.
Yes, I would have thought the new DAC and technology would make the new one a no-brainer.

Honestly the price increase and this operating sound (those types of things have the potential to be a dealbreaker to me) have me seriously thinking about selecting the ‘old’ model...am i crazy to do that??