View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtroo View Post
Does anyone have any examples of solutions that are covered? these all seem to be open which would not please my wife. I could put them in another room, but then it kind of defeats the purpose. I guess this is the problem with having the system in the living room. Some sort of cabinent with doors. Currently I only have about 60 albums, but I just started buying them the past few months. That being said, I would like to explore solutions with doors or drawers that keep them out of sight.
Thanks.
I appreciate that not everyone likes to see record spines on display.

There are quite a few solutions to your problem but a lot will depend on how much you want to spend and now many records you have+intend to buy.

The cedar chest solution posted above is indeed pretty good and one I never thought of. But that's likely due to owning over 1000 records and hence it's not a solution for me. With 60 records and no plans to buy grown your collection exponentially the cedar chest may work assuming there's a high WAF.

But for larger collections the Atocha designs are really nice. They may not match everyone decor but you could get something built locally by a carpenter that looks different but does the same job: https://www.atochadesign.com/pages/new-custom-design

I bet they'd even customise it for you looks wise. They are not cheap but they do have configurations that are smaller e.g. 4 drawers.

A local carpenter (who built my open rack) was hired by a gentleman who had a dog with a peculiar curiosity towards his records. So he built him this wall unit. (click on lower left picture with lps) http://www.woodtoronto.com/index.php?page=1

If I had the space I'd actually move towards a covered storage system as well, perhaps like the Atocha design. I don't mind records being on display but I prefer a cleaner look at this point in my life especially since my living area is also my listening area.