View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 11:23 AM

"No, there's not special formula, or pixie dust or other frou-frou. Shunyata uses sound, scientifically-based engineering that is based on a deep understanding what is important at a transfer function level as to what design, materials, construction topology and methodology results in a fuctional response that results, in my experience, a more musical, transparent, spacious, quiet, accurate, and harmonious-sounding cable in the presence of noise factors than the AQ Diamond. They publish patents on their foundational core competencies that are used in their product development. I read and can understand their patents."

Stephen, I think we are mostly in agreement now because you have reiterated that your beliefs as to the superior sound quality of the Venom are system dependent. However, this statement that I believe to be incorrect is at the crux of our friendly disagreement and clearly shows that you believe that even the lowest tier Venom better engineered than the Diamond. I am sure an AQ senior engineer could refute this statement. I don't make much of it on the website but I too am a scientist but in a different field. However, I am a student of science and understand science so while I appreciate your superior knowledge, its not convincing to me. I have to go now and have no time for a full reply which I will resume later on, but let me mention that the Venom 1.5 meter is a 99 dollar USB cable (Music Direct) marked down from 200 dollars. It is nothing special at all.

Respectfully,

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 04-28-2019 at 11:28 AM.