View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 04:15 PM

Nice to hear such a review!

Now after almost two months I haven't found any flaws in my 9k. And I tried) It's so smooth and "analogue" with palpable soundstage, never expected that. I couldn't get any unpleasant sound from them even with some extreme records. And at the same time there's no tricks: the measurements are one of the best I've ever seen, it's flat and without specifical distorsions. For now I can't see a speaker I'd like to have instead of these in below 5-8k range.

The only negative thing is the price i have to pay now for electronics to match that level))) Every component should cost more, than speakers...

Talking about prices - in Europe it's even cheaper. 9k in black is around 3200$. It's essentially the same quality level as it's big brothers, maybe even more precise (after all they are monitors).

But in Germany things are getting really ridiculous. Canton sells online some "online exclusiv" A series speakers only for local buyers. Effectively it's Reference K series, but in simple rectangular housings. Same drivers and filters. But it's half the price of Ref. K. So A 45 BS monitors, for example, are... 1600 $ pair.

Last edited by Scyld; 04-09-2018 at 04:21 PM.