View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
So I am considering adding isolation to my MX135 & D100 but I have questions regarding this "leap of faith" as Dan so aptly coined the upgrade.

1. Do the Stillpoint Ultra Mini units replace the OEM feet or are they placed in other locations?

2. If you keep the OEM feet on the units how much do the Mini units add to the overall component height?

3. Are there other Stillpoint products to consider for the pre-amp and DAC or are the Mini units the preferred model?

Thanks in advance for the help.
IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, there is nothing unique about any Mac gear and the potential for improvement with Stillpoints. Almost any component will benefit. Placement is a case by case experiment. Trust your ears. Mini's are the cheapest starting point, but Ultra SS's and the 5's will probably deliver even better results. Once the OEM feet are off the deck, it doesn't matter if you remove them or not. Your dealer should be willing to loan you a bunch of the different sizes for experimentation. Warning: this will probably result in your spending far more than you originally anticipated!