View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 03:23 AM

Hi Ozzie in Warsaw,

This system was a revelation for me. I'm a solid state person at heart - I've never (before) been convinced by valves - and there was much in my element at Munich. In truth I didn't expect a lot from this system so I was completely stunned by what it achieved - I've never heard any system come close to the realism with which it painted the performance, or really gave the performance. The music was spell binding - in one case drawing open applause from Sarajan of 6 Moons who happened to be in the room at the same time (his review here 6moons industry features: High End Munich 2013 with Srajan & Joël).
The sound had an addictive quality - particularly to the treble which was both clean and clear, but also attractive vs virtually all ss I've heard where it can be clean and clear but not necessarily attractive or pleasant. Voices we completely realistic.
Really, this completely reset my expectations for home audio. Mind you it did so in terms of cost too - as in most homes would cost less than this system.
One regret is that I heard only opera, symphonic and modern jazz on the system. I don't know how it would perform on eg rock or electronica - but I suspect it would be excellent too.
Hope that helps from a Kiwi - now back in New Zealand.