View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 04:26 AM

Dinster - I'm in Australia and had the same problem about 2 - 3 years ago. One of the MX-R started to overheat after 2 odd hours of use. Back then Ayre had just announced the MX-R upgrade. I phoned Ayre and they said that the new MX-R Twenty boards would fix the issue as well as upgrade the sound. But because the twenty upgrade was was just announced it was going to take a while for it to be available in Australia.

I phoned Audio Connections (Sydney's - main Ayre dealer) and they recommended not to wait until the new boards were available as they felt that the longer I waited other problems may occur with the amp. So I dropped the "problem" amp to Audio Connections and their Tech fixed the issue without needing it to go back to US (I can't remember the cost of the repairs). I think it was a week (possibly two) turnaround. When it came back it actually ran a little cooler than the one that did not have the problem.

Also when I phoned Ayre - they said that the local Australian tech can do the Twenty upgrade - they would just need to supply the new boards to Australia (but please recheck this).

So it can be fixed locally or if you want to upgrade to Twenty status - it should be able to be done Locally In Australia, without needing to go back to U.S.

hope that helps.