View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinster View Post
ct schooner...that's what worries me I don't want a completely different amp...I really like the MR-x . Better, yes, different, I'm not sure about

Not different. Really just so much better in all aspects. They corrected any problems etc and have a much faster amp that's more musical. Ayre is neither Ruben or SS. They just get it correct. They have lowered the noise floor even more with their filtering of the power line and it gives much more micro and macro detail. When I say a new amp, it is but still has that sonic signature that is Ayre. I've seen people change brands, but many often do in audio just because they wanted something new. I've not spoken to anyone who has done the upgrade in any of the Ayre models who wasn't pretty blown away and happy. The nice thing is that there is a good size market of you are not happy. Go read the other forums by Ayre owners who did upgrades. You will always find one or two like aardvark who aren't happy and want to bash the former company on the way out the door, but that's pretty rare I think. JMHO