View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
A few thoughts....

Enjoyed the listening session with Scott after enjoying lunch with his family. Hope to see him up in Asheville one of these days.

Enjoyed listening to all the different amps, including Scott's well burned in amp with the upgraded IIPS. However if I had to pick, I'd go with the new mono block PSE set up. I've heard a lot of Dennis' amps over the last decade, but the new MBs are not only "universal" in their own right, they have the extra something that comes with parallel output tubes.
I'm starting to run out of new words to describe the sound, but to me the word that fits best is BIG. The sound is just ginormous. Next time I head over, I'll bring the old stock Tung Sol 6550s that came in my Citation II for a listening session.

If I were to get a 45 amp from Dennis, I'd spend the extra $$$ and have him build me a set of 45 PSE mono blocks. Get the 45 sound with the extra dynamic range that comes from the second tube. Some may be skeptical, but I've built a 45 amp and a PSE 45 amp, and in my mind, there's no comparison.
Analog Addict,
Thx for the update. During the visit, by chance did anyone happen to mention if other tubes (like KT150s) were reviewed in the newer Universal Monos?

Last edited by decooney; 07-22-2018 at 07:09 PM.