View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 06:43 PM

This is a pertinent thread. In he past two months I have installed 17 Furutech GTX-D duplex in and around my system.
I bought 10 GTX-D Gold, and 8 GTX-D NCF Rhodium. (I have one NCF left over)
I also bought a few '28' version Rhodium plugs, some Edison, some IEC.
The ups and downs of breaking in were beyond description. Also the fact I was adding one here, one there over two months..tested my patience.
I replaced some of the Gold with Rhodium as time went on, and thus part of having one left over. For future swaps.

The end result has been a total upgrade in the final sound of my system. Primarily in clarity. and some better attack and coherency.
I started just wanting a few. but with the improvements each time I added more.. I just went 'all in'. Even replacing all the duplex in both of my conditioners. A PS Audio P-600 I use for digital, and my Furman REF20I for all else.

Two things I would mention. One I noticed when I put back in a AC cord with brass plugs parts, immediately I could hear an added veil in the upper mids behind the music. As soon as I removed the Wattgate basic plugs and cord, it was gone. I have never noticed it, but with 100% removal of all BRASS, it was something I suddenly could hear.
The second thing as a comment on another post, the Furutech duplex grip is good, but not spectacular like some duplex. and the way the grip is created, with a spring system, no harm comes to soft all copper blades plated with Rhodium.
I have to say I cringed after I plugged a Rhodium Furutech plug just to test it, into an ordinary Duplex, and saw the big one time use gouges in the blades!
Never again.

I have had the all Furutech setup for AC for only a few months now. I think some of the outlets are still breaking in somewhat. But it seems a good investment.

Last edited by Beet Farmer; 10-22-2018 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Thank you . I corrected it.