View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Rob, I think the comparison is not very fair. Devialet has nice gear, but Accuphase is indeed in another league. That does not tell us the last thing about the speakers...
IMHO, you are absolutely correct. It's not fair. Accuphase vs. Diavalet, Neoliths in a room not really big enough for them but with lots of acoustical treatment vs. TADs in the right size room backed up against a wall with a protruding fireplace in between and no acoustical treatment. Even if Accuphase and Diavalet were of comparable quality but differently voiced (Class A vs Class D as in this case)-- it still wouldn't be a fair test. Sorta illustrates the conversations that are almost always ongoing on AA about comparisons of equipment.

The only thing my two listening experiences I compared tells me is how I "felt" at the time I was listening. And the way I described those two scenarios- that was how I felt. And actually, when I heard the MLs, they "sounded" very good. When I heard the TADs (which by the way, were on Stillpoints), they "felt" really good. I don't know how better to describe the difference.

BTW: I listened to Audeze LCD-3 headphones through the Accuphase equipment. That was a really nice experience as well.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.