View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Yes Apple must be terrible at delivering well engineered software and hardware. Why else would they have sold well over 2 Billion iPhones in just over a decade? How many companies have sold a billion of anything?
It's a wonder how they are still in business and worth close to $1tr.

Here is my personal experience with Apple ever since 2004
iPod: iPod mini, iPod nano, iPod classic -> no issue whatsoever even with the socks !
iPhone: iPhone, iPhone 3G, 4, 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 7, X -> I broke 2 screens (my fault), I had the 5 replaced twice under warranty and the X once after the screen replacement broke FaceID. Apple replaced with a new phone no questions asked and on the spot.
iPad: iPad, iPad 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad pro, iPad pro 2 -> never had any issue with any of them
Laptops: Powerbook G4, Macbook pro, Macbook, Macbook Air, Macbook pro -> had to change the keyboard of the Macbook due to cracks in the plastic body. Done under warranty. The battery of the powerbook started to deform and I had it replaced under warranty
Desktop: mac mini 1, iMac, mac mini, iMac 5k -> nothing to report
Misc: Apple watch 3, 3 airpods, 3 airport extreme, 4 apple TV, 1 monitor and certainly a whole bunch of things I don't remember

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a laptop or two, some ipods and a desktop. All that to say in my history of buying Apple products I've never spent much on repairs. The few bits wrong were dealt with under warranty. Anytime I resold my used gear I was able to get a very decent price on them as they tend to retain some value.

My last interaction with Apple was my cracked screen on the iPhone X. They did a mistake during installation and FaceID wasn't working so they gave me a new one instead. Before that I lost my left airpod so I went to buy a new one but the sound was louder in the new one than the old one. I complained and they gave a whole new set.