Thread: Pass XP30
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 05:36 AM

jpspock,

ARC in the past was a great "tube" producer... now they "life" with the "glory of the Name ARC".....the last products are FOR ME not so great like before.

sure cabling, ecc.. is important but for my taste ARC tube pre with ARC ampli is sure much better vs pre ARC and a solid state amplifier....

I think that the XP30 is my next premapli. I like more the SS sound. (and a silver cable, expecially speaker cable are too in my list...)

ARC and other tube pre have another sound...(3D, soundstage, airy,.....) but is not always better.

a new REF6 with Pass can give you sure satistaction. i will go with a ss pre. the Xp30 is sure a perfect match with the pass ampli.

SlowikPL : pass .8 vs .5 .....i have the 100.5 an the 100.8 -> the .5 sound more "tubing" but the .8 is faster, precise, .... is not easy decide one or the other....

my dealer say me that i'm crazy if i will go with a 160.5 in place from the .8! "you font need more power ad the .8 are very better from the .5"...
well....Xp20 is very similar at the Xp10. the Xp30 is really a stup up fom the Xp20. the Xp30 if think is my"last preampli.

I have wrote direct to Passlabs USA and Mr. Nelson have say me that he have a Xp20 in your room but the Xp30 is really a very "donut with the hole" in your production....