View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
For many years I thought "No".

As an aside, it is actually a red herring question as we don't listen directly to digital, ever, anyway. We are listening to the result of whatever D->A is in the chain and many other things!

After many years and advances in technology, cables, etc...my answer is now...

YES with a top line CD, SACD, XRCD playback system, transport, dac, masterclock, matching cables, powercord, etc...

Before y'all jump on this,...

Remember that we all tried the same types of things to get great vinyl playback...then it is cartridges, MM or MC, tonearm, lead wires, plinths, motors, drive type, power supplies, suspension/isolation, phono preamp, synergy the chain of play, gain matching, cables, power cords, vinyl, weight, color, 78, 33, 45, which is better. etc....and so on and so forth. 5 TTs under my belt in years past I can tell you its pretty much "same @#$& different playback medium..." IMHO. [emoji2]

Many will disagree I am sure.

*If vinyl was always better, would not matter what kind of vinyl you bought and how you played it back. We know that is far from ture.

I love vinyl playback, RTR too, and tubes while we are at it...have heard great systems of all types,..what matters most is quality of media, mastering chain and level of execution of the system and ultimately that you Enjoy The Music!!!

Again,...only my opinion.

And lastly...

“There*is a principle which is a*bar against all*information, which is proof*against all*arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation.”

Well said.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2