View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
After reading your thread, I decided to see if anyone here has any experience with Tripoint or any other grounding solution. Entreq and Tripoint are the two grounding devices that I compared and almost everyone that uses them hears a benefit. It seems more manufacturers are developing grounding solutions and I think I remember reading Shunyata was working on a grounding cable. It will be interesting to see where it all leads. Really looking forward to getting the "magic box" setup. Will keep you posted.

Dave
I've used Granite Audio's Ground Zero grounding station and bespoke grounding cables for years with great results. The lead designer for Esoteric many years ago turned me on to star-grounding as a critical aspect of a key means to get Esoteric 1, 2, 3 and 4 box stacks to sound their best (counting clock) and the overall benefits; I've been using the GA product since 2006.

I've looked at Entreq and Tripoint plus others and the cost particularly is prohibitive and scary to me plus the overt size of the larger ground cables (I have enough issues with the size of the other cables in my system ) seems out of proportion to their function but I could be dead wrong here.

I've looked intently at Shunyata's approach of integrating the grounding device/plane directly into the power distributor (Denali and Triton) together with their new levels of grounding cables, and this strikes me as brilliant and 'about damn time...' someone brought the 2 (component) worlds officially together.

All that aside, grounding is an important way I've been able to drop the noise floor in my system a bit further and in very noticeable ways for over a decade. I'd advise it for anyone looking to improve their system.