Thread: Relentless
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Go Dawgs

I watched Mikey's video from Munich, looks really interesting....but seriously, I don't think I've ever questioned the price on a lot of our high end gear that we all love, I enjoy reading and looking at the SOTA more than anyone, but I'm really trying to fathom how much a $250,000 amplifier(s) can contribute to the listening experience more so than amps such as a pair of Pass XS300's ($85,000), DartZeel monos or even Dan's own Momentum monos? I realized that these amplifiers aren't exactly marketed to the folks trying to save a few dollars, but seriously, I wonder how you could quantify a sound quality difference if you were to compare these types of high dollar amplifiers. I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I were an owner of say, the Pass monos and ended up trying a pair of these Relentless monos to a pair of real world speakers like Sonus Faber Aida's, Avalon Isis, Wilson ALEXXs or XLFs etc, how much difference in sound do you get for an almost extra $175,000!!!!!?????? Boggles the mind.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3