View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 12:42 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Has anyone compared the Gingko to the Pro-ject carbon? It's hard to find a review of each let alone a comparison.

Gingko seems more established than the pro-ject though the concept seems interesting.
I looked at the Pro-ject, but chose the Gingko based on it having a larger platform, as I recall. My VPI is pretty big. I have no experience with the Pro-ject in use, so have no comments there.

And it's now official: The process of getting a new TT has begun. I've shipped off my Grado Sonata v1 Reference to Grado for the credit toward a new Sonata v2 Statement; when I get that, it and my 309 with all accessories will be shipped off to Sota for work to begin. Since I'll be sending the assembled arm I can't use the original packaging, so the first step will be a box that's sized just right.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks