View Single Post
Old 02-02-2018, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Did you hear a OPPO Sonica yet?
I wanted to audition the MB100 and I haven't been allowed since the dealer dislikes it.
I heard the Aurender A10 and wasn't a fan, it too sounded flat but I dismissed it since there are too many variables. Since you think that the N100H sounds flat I'm concerned it's the house sound lol. Too many people here love it so I'm just kidding. I still want to try the N10 but I'm too apprehensive to buy without a demo, especially now.

I was a big fan of the Aurender App, I had big concerns but 1 minute with the Ipad app and I realize it's very good.
Hey Mouse,

The problem with the Oppo Sonica is that you have to use its DAC. There are no optical out. Since I want to use the DAC in my C2600 which I believe is superior, I took it out of the list. Also, I own the Oppo 205 which I believe utilizes the same DAC as the Sonica, I am planning on trying to run the Aurender through the 205 and see what happens.

You are right, the Aurender app is excellent, makes it quite easy to manage the internal storage, Tidal and any external storage/NAS you may have. I just can't get over how flat the sound is, I am not excited by it at all, it doesn't make me just want to listen all the time like the MB50 did.
But then again, the MB50 was so problematic around connection issues that I just could not work with it anymore.

I am really curious about the Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, it looks interesting on paper, it's about half the price of the Aurender (why?) and I wonder how it sounds.

Last edited by Killergurt; 02-02-2018 at 01:42 AM.