Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
Nice work, Charles! You'll never regret doing this work.

We needed a new furnace (forced hot air) a few years ago. I got a quote from my usual HVAC contractor, who has always been very good. But I also got a quote from another dealer because I was interested in Trane. He spent quite a while assessing the system and suggested some minor changes. His team did the work and it made a huge difference in our comfort level. Just like hi-fi, with HVAC it's all about the install.

As a crazy coincidence, the Trane guy is an audiophile who immediately recognized my VPI TNT because he's also using one. But his buddy Harry Weisfeld is slowly convincing him to go DD.

Small world.
Cleeds, completely agree. Usually when the downstairs is too cold the mancave upstairs is heating and vice versa. I'm hopeful to get away from having to run space heaters downstairs when it's really cold or having the unit run all the time in the mancave because of leaking duct work or poor insulation. Nothing is perfect. Even in a new house there can be problems.

You are right about the install. It's as important as the equipment. I think Trane is excellent an HVAC.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 03-25-2021 at 02:25 PM.