Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robfine View Post
I dunno Charles. Maybe it’s just me, but I am seeing some similarities here. Do you have any plans beyond “temperature control”? The quality of your equipment would certainly warrant it if not the quantity. Regardless, congratulations on moving forward with these improvements. I look forward to following along.
Thank you, My room as you can see is a converted attic. Being over the garage it has been difficult to heat and cool, particularly to cool in the hot summers. I'm happy that I have finally gotten a handle on the issue (I hope). The additional duct work (4th pic from the top) goes into the ceiling of the kitchen and utility room which are on the extreme east end of the house that used to be the old garage. This area has three additional floor vents. The duct work supplying them is crushed and air flow through these vents is poor. All the old duct work will now be replaced. Because the east end is so far from the 5 ton unit and with the duct work crushed, the east end has been too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter. I'm hoping to get much better air flow through them also. Upkeep on a house is expensive.

The mancave is on the extreme northeast end of the house and totally isolated. I keep the door open now to let the bass and rest of the sound flow out the rear. This project has helped me move forward and take my mind off the terrible fact that Debbie is gone and I'm the only one in the house.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 03-25-2021 at 02:23 PM.