View Single Post
Old 08-24-2017, 11:37 AM

Some of these are upside down. Pity.

I'm still recovering from my first listening last night - I'd characterize the sound of the Series 2 as a "smaller Alexx" and would say the Series 1 was like a "bigger Sasha".

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard these in room, with my own electronics. The deep bass is on a level not to be believed for a speaker this size. The soundstage on my recordings is so realistic, I gasped a number of times. My room is about 19 feet long, 14-15 feet wide or so.

My first recording was the SACD of Mahler's First Symphony. Ivan Fischer conducting. All of Fischer's Mahler recordings have stunning audio engineering. I just heard these on the Series 1, so I'm repeating the recordings now on the Series 2. I'm in for a real treat, based on what I heard with Symphony #1. I'm noticing more decay on notes (e.g., gongs, triangles, percussion instruments). It's very realistic sounding, particularly at the end of Symphony movements, where you hear the sound decay into the silence of the recording venue.

I'm looking forward to going through more recordings in the days and weeks to come.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers