View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 04:08 PM

Look at the sealed aluminum crossover can and if it says N-800-F then I am referencing the correct crossover.

Other versions of the N-800 may invert phase internally for one of the drivers or something due to the positioning of the horn driver to the LF driver I dunno about the speaker input polarity though. Both of my pairs were consistent with this, as it was when i personally Dremeled away the weld and and de-tar'd to reverse-engineer my crossovers.

I can't speak to what labeling and wiring you saw because that's not what I had, so what jdandy posts is a great piece of advice for checking phase to confirm. Maybe your pair was made on a monday or friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFz View Post
Well this is confusing. I re-read the thread the saw the schematic for the crossover that jdandy posted and in that picture it seems like the brown is the positive. Plus, I have to believe that the back is labeled correctly. Supposedly my Flamenco was one owner, never modified, nor even took the back panel off and it has the right terminal labeled as "+". I'll keep researching. In terms of sound, after I switched it back I listened to some Rod Stewart and it sounded fantastic, very lively. Putting it the other way I noticed a real lack of dynamics. I'll keep researching, appreciate the help!

Last edited by junker; 03-25-2017 at 04:12 PM.