Thread: Linn or Thorens
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehoove View Post
I own two suspended TT, and one unsuspended TT which is my main table. It really depends on the table and proper setup.

Regards,

Jim

I’m very pleased with my Lp 12 TT! I’m not sure why posters are saying it is touchy to place the needle; no sweat here, just use the tonearm lift to raise, place cart over the spot and lower the arm. The lift gently places the needle where you set it. Any touchiness probably comes from having an early series arm board without a lift or being on less than solid flooring like concrete. Walking, running or jumping by it, no issues with mine! I’ve never had it on anything other than concrete so wont comment further here.

My table is approaching near full spec Klimax level, it needs Keel base and Ekos 2 SE to get to full. (I have Kore base now on Trampolin suspended aluminum base footing and Ekos 1 tonearm running a Lyra Delos) it was upgraded to the Radikal Power Supply a couple years ago (huge performance boost) and added the Booplinth shortly afterwards that I attest fully is a stunning performance improvement! Before all this I was a happy camper at Akurate level. As I could afford to upgrade I have done so and regret nothing. Love my table and the tunes it gives me! I may not blow anybody else out of the water but I also get serious respect from other audiophiles when they listen to it.

Olskool