View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 05:26 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar81 View Post
This is absolutely on the money. There simply is nothing for video (unless it features a liner power supply for the digital section - and I haven't seen an LPS for a blu ray player other than the now out of production Ayre $10K player) that's going to compete with a Oppo 203 with a LPS.

I've also gotten the ZeroZone digital only LPS (~$200 all in) and it's been a spectacular improvement for both video and digital audio outputs - because of not only the LPS itself but removing the noisy analog board output from the equation (it's no longer powered). If you want some additional performance, you can also replace the IEC and internal power wiring as suggested below (ZeroZone makes those products as well - I found they made a noticeable difference but it was nowhere near the impact of the LPS and for the price didn't really make sense unless you're looking to eek out that last bit of performance), but it's the LPS that's the real star of the show.

I'm not a tech at all.
Is this doable for dummies?
Websites tell it's plug and play, but even that scares me...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables