View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
Over the past year, I have invested a lot of money in updating and upgrading my audio system, particularly in cabling and power conditioning. And then this morning I had one of those OMG! moments.

My two primary amplifiers (I have a 7.4 home theater system) are located approximately 35 feet from my preamplifier. I am currently using Canare L-4E6S cable terminated with Neutrik XLR connectors as the interconnects between my Theta Casablanca IV preamp and my Krell FPB 200c and 250m amplifiers. (For those who are interested, here is the manufacturer's description of this cable: http://www.canare.com/ProductItemDis...oductItemID=53).

I am not at all dissatisfied with the performance of my audio system; in fact, I'd say most of the music I play through it sounds pretty damn good. And yet, I wonder whether these interconnects represent its weak link. Given the length of cables needed to do an A/B comparison, I cannot borrow a more audiophile set of cables (I'd need three) from a dealer. Moreover, the likely cost of such an upgrade would be many thousands of dollars, which is money that would be irresponsible to spend given my already somewhat depleted financial resources.

Thoughts/recommendations anyone?

I have the same cables that you have. The ones I have I purchased from BJC. They are about 20 feet long and work just fine. I personally don't think that the extra 15' will make any audible difference. So since you asked for thoughts/recommendations, that would be: don't be irresponsible and enjoy what you already have. [emoji16]