View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Subwoofer – Customer Feedback

October 2018

Hey James,

The Model T sub arrived on Friday and I wrestled the beast into the living room. I mean that sucker is heavy! It's the size of a Middle T, but weighs in like a full sized Model T.

Anyway, after getting things set up, I found out that my initial location I had envisioned the sub to live at was not a good choice. The sub was canceling out with the other two subs, the actual output dropped with three vs. the other two subs alone. The subs have a variable phase control so it's really easy to adjust phasing for maximum output.

I did some 'manual' phasing by moving the sub to a new location in a more open part of the room.... YIKES!

The output with the three subs in operation is like triple of what I had before. I had to turn down the output to the subs as it was over powering. I moved the sub about 7 feet over to a more open area and it just popped alive. Pretty impressive; I suppose I found the right phase point for all to work in harmony.

I love this sub; it's not only subtle in appearance, it's gorgeous and amazingly solid. It feels like it's made from a solid Ash block of timber. I guess with the extreme build quality, it gets all the potential resonances out of the cabinet.

Anyway, thanks again!

Bruce