View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulNoise View Post
My original post omitted some important details, clearly. Glad my follow-up was helpful. Yes, the Mac Mini is the weak link in my system. I am considering several alternatives at the moment including the N100C from Aurender.

I have neglected to mention, thus far, that I really appreciate your reviews of the Yggdrasil. Great writing. I doubt I will ever experience a digital component the likes of your Esoteric in my listening room, but it is good to know that a less expensive DAC like the Yggdrasil can compete in the same arena.
I've owned 1028BEs in the past they were a constant battle when it came to my guilty pleasure music from the 80s-90s. I tried subs and various source components, EQing was ultimately the best solution.

The purple line is the 1028BE, it will give you an idea of what you are fighting against especially if you aren't in a perfectly treated room. Specifically 4k-12k.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-labs-measures

Anyway, I don't think your mac mini is the issue and the more forward Yggy with your speakers might not be the best combination for the music you mention. Not knowing the real difference between the Analog 1 & 2, maybe the 2 will help a bit, but I have my doubts that it will help enough.

Jeff