Thread: Water proof
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 05:17 PM

Used to have full Ikonos set-up with multiple domes and strobes for my Canon 5dIV. Each lens had its own dome, collar, adapter rings, etc. lugged it around the world and ruined many dives overall. Sold it end of last year and now just use gopro’s (hero 5 black’s, i continous video, 1 just for photos w/small video light & 1 session). Now I enjoy my dives, miss less group stuff, find more interesting things to photo. Sometimes less is more. Gopro with a small wide beam light is all anyone needs unless you’ve got a paid project or underwater photography is your main hobby and don’t worry much about your dive. There are now acrylic domes avail on ebay for $50ish to get those great over/under shots

If I had to pick a backup mirrorless camera, Sony A7r3 with ebay dive housing (made in China, $300ish) would be perfect. Used one on recent shoot trip and was a nice balance of professional results with portability. Only issue was if I’m using a camera with those capabilities, I want a nice 9” dome on the front.