View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Semi-audiophile

Today I called a car service and hauled the C2300 in to the store, Lyric Hi-Fi on the upper east side of Manhattan. I packed it in its original box (it pays to keep those when possible) and called a car service, then off I went. The box wasn't necessary as it turned out, but this way they can send it back to me, saving me a trip and the attendant headaches of arranging one. The service center the store uses is in Manhattan also; that should help on the turnaround time. It is agreed generally that the problem is related to the power supply. We'll see what's what.

I intend to connect the most used sources to the LS3 in the meantime. It needs to recharge its juices after being unplugged so long, so here's an opportunity for that. And because I've been on a thread on another forum I have another of those "idea seeds" to contend with: the idea of changing out my ICs to King Cobra. The Hero with WBT 114 connectors costs $59 more for a 2m pair than the KC; ultraplate RCAs are $39 less than the KC. That WBT version used to cost what the RCAs do now. In my setup some of the Hero ICs (all 1.5m) strained to make it to the 2300's terminals. Unless I want to mix brands or try creative system configs, a longer IC or two more will help.

Anyway, this is the rack with the LS3 in and the 2300 out; the ugly magenta thing on the top of the rack is the Wireworld Aurora PC used on the 2300 (like the cord, still don't like the jacket color).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (88.8 KB, 38 views)
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks