View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I'm pretty familiar with (at least what used to be) Harman's product evolutions, timetables and procedures. Room correction started figuring prominently about 15 years ago when the first series of LSRs were introduced. At that time the procedure to accomplish the task was not really automated. In the pro world the first auto tune system was introduced in the EVO line. That product was buggy but they stuck with the concept, especially in later generations in the LSR theme.

Continued evolution of the idea was championed by Floyd Toole who also had a hand in the Ultima 2 projects if I recall. It doesn't take too much math to reckon any new speakers might have some combination of auto eq correction and (or) active multi way amplification. Given the complexities of Revel's four way designs and crossovers, it's hard to guess where else they'd turn to achieve more than incremental gains with the current product.

By the way, my problem isn't stability per se, although my thickly padded flooring presents some challenges (that I've come to ignore). My thought is that a base such as you described would be the ready solution and that would be easy enough to design in from the start. I'm not a fan of spending money on isolation feet or anchors or bases at this price point as it enters my personal "chasing the dragon" zone. Hi end equipment at this level should come complete as a full function product without requiring heroic measures (expense). That said, do you recall the name of the company that you got the bases from?

I know not everyone on this board agrees with me in this and gets great pleasure from investing many thousands in such things but I'm not of that mind as a rule.

Room treatment, well that's another story! Some things are verifiable. After all, I think that's a big reason why many of us bought Revels.
I agree that equipment should be complete, and hope Revel will make the jump on their bases upon the next iteration. Their actual cost would be peanuts.

The bases I got were from http://www.soundocity.com They're going to be around $300 for a set. Very affordable IMO and did exactly what I needed.

There is always the Magico Mpod option...for $1050...per foot! I'm sure they are a superb piece of kit...but good grief.