View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 04:34 PM

No doubt an improvement on the Salon 2's is somewhere in the pipeline, though I would expect for them to get through the new BE speakers in the Performa3 line first.

A couple interesting points you made, one regarding some type of integrated room correction. When I talked to Kevin Voecks at RMAF this year I asked him what he was working on and it was exactly this....some kind of room correction/equalization. He said he personally thinks it is very important but I was under the impression that he hasn't been able to convince Revel to make it a commercial reality. I tried to get an idea of what it might look like....a piece of hardware? Integrated into a speaker? Not sure what the answer is but he has it on his radar at least.

And yes.....some form of more stable and adjustable base would be a huge improvement. I lived with F208's for over two years and had them spiked on a laminate wood floor but they weren't even close to being stable. I recently swapped them for Salon2s which compounded the problem. I looked for a good aftermarket solution for my 208s but never came up with anything aside from the very good and VERY expensive Townshend Seismic Podiums. I took up the search again after getting the Salons with the same thing in mind and ended up with these very simple steel outriggers from a company up in the pacific northwest. They are affordable, sturdy, adjustable, and decent looking...something to consider if you are not happy with the stability of your Salons.